(1) This translation is designed for the primary interest of allowing the English to be sung in place of the Japanese. I apologize for the awkward spots, but my interest is to both keep a fairly realistic translation as well as singable lyrics and those can come up when doing this.
(2) Oshiete koi wa Happiness literally means "Teach (me) love means Happiness," but after going through several renditions of the phrase, and listening to the song for the 55th time (or so ^^;) it seems to fit a lot more pleasantly in the form of a questioning request, and thus I did so -_^
(3) Amaetakunaru- This small verb phrase is rather complex. The run down of the meaning is as follows: Boyfriend and Girlfriend are out on a date somewhere. Girlfriend takes Boyfriend's arm and sets her head on his shoulder; Alternatively, this can mean the same girlfriend playfully tugs at the boyfriend's arm trying to urge him to go somewhere using playful and flirtatious tones. I decided to translate this into 2 separate things: "to cuddle up to" and "to nudge" and used them where I felt one made more sense than the other.
(4) In the last line, Hoho Yosete literally means to collect cheeks, but in more social ideas, this means to put your cheek up to something, that something is not specified here, so since there is use of belittling and such factors, I assumed the boyfriend is a decent bit larger than the girlfriend and she can't quite put her cheek up to his shoulder. ^^;
(5) Sabishigariya is someone who gets lonely quickly or quite often. Note, Sabishigari is just used to say (someone) is lonely, but the ya implies a person.
(6) If anyone has the full information for this song, lyric authors, composition, etc. Please let me know so I can give appropriate credit to them.
Affiliates: My Little Pony Ties
Lyrics copyright to their respective owners or translators. No copyright infringment is intended or implied. Layout and other content copyright Anime Lyrics dot Com / Anime Globe Productions
This is some text here